Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Jaws Part II: Lower Jaw

With the inside of the jaws finished let's move on to the lower jaw greebles, the Millennium Falcon's goatee if you will.  Here's a render of the Falcon's lower jaw:
The lower jaw has a big landing gear box in the middle of it which splits the greebles into two groups one toward the front and another toward the back.
I had to take some artistic license with my build because my landing gear box layout favors the set blueprint from The Empire Strikes Back so there is actually a missing greeble on my model that I wasn't able to fit.  It's a part from the Tamiya 1:35 Kampfwagen Ausf. F/G.  A couple of other greebles in this area also come from that kit.  You can see it in this image:
Here is the part map for the lower jaw:
And as always here's a render of our progress so far:
The front is starting to take shape down here!  Thanks for reading!  I'll be covering the upper jaw very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment