Thursday, December 7, 2017

Mandibles Part IV: Lower Mandibles

It's been a long time, but I'm back!  I've spent the last several months recording lectures for an online  hard surface modeling course, but that's irrelevant to our beloved Falcon!  Finally we are at the end of our Mandible Greeble Saga!  Here are some renders of the lower mandibles:
And here is the kit part breakdown for the lower mandibles:
The bottom definitely isn't as detailed as the top, but some pretty interesting parts were used.  The one piece I was surprised I couldn't find an ID for was the tank deck in the front starboard access pit.  I need to do a bit more digging there.

Finally a render of our progress thus far:
The mandibles are now complete!  Thanks for reading as always!

Next time:  Jaws!



6 comments:

  1. I can honestly say I’m never going to try to build the five footer. A studioscale X-wing and Y-wing kits (with modifications) suffice quite well. I might go for a snowspeeder and a TIE fighter some day too. But this doesn’t take away the fact that reading this blog is immensely enjoyable and satisfying. For over 40 years I have loved these ships and the revelations of recent years have only made that deeper. Your posts are wonderful, I will keep an eye open for more. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah there are a lot of kits to buy if you want to do it for real! I might try to go the 3D printing route at some point but we'll see if it ever happens. It's hard to want to do that though when I have the DeAgostini and Bandai ones sitting there waiting to be made. I'm glad you enjoy the blog though, thanks for the kind words!

      Delete
  2. Another great post Jay! So_many_details - Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello, what dimensions do you have for mandible engines? because the ones I have are not good?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angel Air Ambulance Services in Patna provides the best emergency medical shifting service with all advanced medical benefits and care for the easy and safe relocation of the patient.

    ReplyDelete